Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Weird Owl bring le rock

Yo! Well, it's too late for an exclamation mark: a simple "Yo" will have to do. I just wanted to say that my friends' band, Weird Owl, have made an album that I would like to magically transform into a spinning tab of acid and let settle on my tongue. (I'm thinking that the tab would resemble the 2-dimensional square that served as a prison for Superman's enemies in Superman 2, and that the transformation/miniaturization could happen with the same technology utilized in The Cars's video for You Might Think--man, it's been a while since I've heard that tune.) Okay, um, their album, "Ever the Silver Cord Be Loosed" (check the semantic reverb on loosed/lucid) is heavy, thoughtful, and just shakes with energy. Plus, the album is inspiring some great writing: Weird Owl have provided some links to select reviews on their MySpace page, which is at, um, yeah, you guessed it. Once you've determined that url, check out Keith Boyd's review from Blog San Diego, and just note the seriousness and commitment of these writers to the music--they can hear that something awesome is afoot. Dudes just got written up (and described as "hirsute") in Mojo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Magic Man

Walking up Rue Jean-Pierre Timbaud in Paris’s 10th arrondissement in mid-October, I saw a man who was working in the doorframe of Ô   Lieu ...