Thursday, April 19, 2012

Chocolate Alchemy

Yo! Been a while, as I’ve written before. I feel compelled to mention yet another vocation in which I possess a lack of skill: chocolate alchemy. That’s right: when I want chocolate, but convince myself that it’s the wrong time of day or find none in the house, I put on my alchemist’s robe and try to make magic happen. My not-so-magical ingredients are oatmeal, soymilk, honey, peanut butter, and bananas or apples. Mixed together, I figure they have a whirlpudlian chance of evoking chocolate on the palette…which they sometimes sort of do. When they don’t, it’s like they’re working anyway, because sooner or later some cocoa verité will take place in my kitchen. Regarde la preuve:

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Magic Man

Walking up Rue Jean-Pierre Timbaud in Paris’s 10th arrondissement in mid-October, I saw a man who was working in the doorframe of Ô   Lieu ...